|PRODUCT TYPE||PACKAGING||NOMINAL WEIGHT|
|Texture Coats||5L, 20L Heavy Duty Plastic Pail||6.5kg, 25.5kg respectively|
Acryloc Exterior Primer is a good quality, Low Odour, Exterior Primer, suitable for most external surfaces including, cement render, fibrous-cement sheet, softwood, masonry including brick, block & off form concrete.
Acryloc Exterior Primer is easy to apply and fast drying making it ideal for residential, commercial and industrial developments.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SUBSTRATE PREPARATION – paint will not adhere to a surface that is dirty.
- Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected.
New Unpainted Surfaces
Fill nail holes, cracks and imperfections with an appropriate patching material and sand smooth.
Remove dust and make sure that the surface is clean, sound and free from contaminants such as oil, mould release, silicone, grease and efflorescence.
Previously painted surfaces
Wash down with sugar soap and rinse with clean water.
Check for soundness of the original coating, remove any loose or flaking paint, fill holes and cracks and sand smooth.
Gloss or Semi-Gloss finishes must be completely dulled by sanding.
- Mix thoroughly and check that the colour (if tinted) is correct before commencing work.
- Apply 1 full even coat of Acryloc Exterior Primer by brush, spray or roller.
- For Roller application, a medium nap (12mm) roller is recommended; use a larger nap (25mm on rough surfaces).
High quality synthetic rollers give best performance. Use a 13 or 15 thou spray tip with Airless spray.
- Care should be taken to keep Acryloc Exterior Primer off windows and adjacent surfaces that are not to be coated.
- Application should be carried out on a day with temperatures above 10°C and below 32°C.
Clean up with water
Shelf-Life – Unopened Containers
Maximum two (2) years from date of manufacture when stored correctly.
Transport & Storage
Pails should not be stacked more than three (3) high during transportation and must be transported upright.
Store in a cool place, upright, out of direct sunlight and above 4°C
For further information refer to MSDS for Acryloc Exterior Primer
|APPEARANCE||Viscous white liquid|
|RESIN TYPE||Styrene Acrylic Emulsion|
|APPLICATION METHOD||Roller, brush, spray|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY (NOMINAL)||1.28|
|VOLUME SOLIDS (APPROX)||29%|
|WEIGHT SOLIDS (APPROX)||44%|
|THEORETICAL COVERAGE||12-16 m2/L per coa|
|WET FILM THICKNESS (RECOMM)||80-100 microns per coat|
|DRY FILM THICKNESS (MIN)||23-29 microns per coat|
|DRY TIME (25°C & 50% RH)
|Tack Free||Recoat/ Overcoat||Fully Dried|
|2 hours||After 3 hours||24 hours|
|NO. OF COATS||1 coat is recommended|
|SOLVENT FOR CLEANING||Water|
SAFETY & HANDLING
When working with Acryloc Exterior Primer observe the usual precautions for handling acrylic water based products including:
- Avoid inhalation of the vapour, prolonged skin contact and particularly eye contact.
- Wear protective clothing to minimize skin contact and wear goggles where splatter is likely.
- Where spills occur, soak up liquid spillage with sand/sawdust and dispose of in a sensible manner. Do not permit run-off to sewer, storm water or open bodies of water.
Full pails are HEAVY. Wear protective footwear and seek assistance if necessary.
FIRST AID MEASURES
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Drink at least two (2) glasses of water. Seek medical attention.
Wash with copious amount of water for 15 minutes holding eyelid(s) open. Take care not to rinse contaminated water into non-affected eye. Seek medical attention.
Advice to Doctor